TOGETHER, WE CAN CLOSE THE GAP TO ENSURE A BALANCED BUDGET AND CREATE NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR FREDERICA ACADEMY’S STUDENTS.
Independent schools rely on annual giving programs to support their operating budgets and bridge the ﬁscal realities that lie between tuition income and the actual cost of educating students.
At Frederica, tuition covers approximately 75% of the expenses of operating our school. The Annual Fund is the primary source of unrestricted revenue for covering this 25% gap, which helps ensure a balanced budget. Surplus Annual Fund revenue creates new opportunities to enhance student experiences, improve classroom and campus facilities, and make important programmatic and professional development investments.
Through gifts large and small, the Annual Fund supports our devoted faculty, our premier college counseling program, our athletics offerings, our arts opportunities, and so many other positive differentiators that make Frederica Academy so much a part of the lives of our students, their parents, and our community. Large gifts help meet and exceed our fundraising targets. Small gifts demonstrate broad stakeholder conﬁdence in the school.
The FA Annual Fund also helps make tuition more affordable for more families while offering parents a tax deductible beneﬁt for at least part of their investment in their child’s education. By supporting the Annual Fund today, donors help underwrite success throughout all grades and divisions for both current and future students. Again, gifts of all sizes are important and deeply appreciated. In the past, gifts have ranged between one to six ﬁgures, and every gift has had, and continues to have, a positive impact.
Gifts in the form of cash, check, credit card, or stock transfer are accepted
Visit https://www.fredericaacademy.org/support-fa/give-online to make a gift online
Contact Brad Hutcherson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information regarding a stock transfer
Donors are encouraged to make their gift prior to December 31, 2021
However, any gifts received prior to June 30, 2022, will be applied to this year’s Annual Fund campaign
Gifts are tax-deductible
Following receipt, Frederica Academy will mail a donor thank you letter that may be used for tax filing purposes.
The Annual Fund line item in our operating budget last year was $350,000. Our 2020-2021 Annual Fund revenue helped fill the gap. Because we exceeded our budget target, we were able to use the surplus revenue to make significant campus improvements and programmatic investments. We hope to repeat this “Needs/Wants” formula this year. We need to raise $350,000 to ensure a balanced budget; we hope to exceed this amount in order to cover potential unanticipated expenses and to fund new opportunities for our current and future Knights.
Investments as a result of the 2020-2021 Annual Fund success include but are not limited to:
- Complete update/upgrade of Pre-Kindergarten furniture and fixtures, manipulatives and other imaginative instructional and play elements
- Complete renovation of the Lower School Music Room
- New Microscopes for Upper School Sciences Lab as well as the 7th and 8th Grade Science Lab
- Upgraded computers in the Makerspace and the Physics Lab
- iPads for all Middle and Upper School Math teachers to enhance smart board capabilities for working problems in class, and iPads for Digital Media classes
- New hardscape courtyard on the Terry Thomas Playground, outfitted with a new awning structure
- Shuman Conference Room expansion and renovation, including new, more modular furniture
- New furniture for the Nash Academic Center and Upper School Administration Lobby
- New trophy cases for the Athletics Complex and Ralston Fine Arts Center
This list does not include all of the recent significant improvements to our two Middle School buildings, Benefield Hall and Fleming Hall, which were funded by a generous donation from the Terry Thomas Foundation and other donor gifts to the Ellen E. Fleming Memorial Fund.