The Frederica Academy Parent Association’s mission is to enhance and enrich school life for students and families. We partner with faculty and staff to support programming that elevates the student experience, helps further the goals and vision of the school and offers support to teachers and administrators. We strengthen bonds among FA families by facilitating communication and providing parent education and social opportunities for all our members. We promote and coordinate volunteerism. We strive to always foster a spirit of welcome, inclusion and appreciation among our entire school community.
We need your help with our new and expanded committees! Committees that have immediate needs and openings are uniform sales, fundraising, and thought leadership. It’s an exciting time to get involved with the Parent Association and make an impact on student and family life at Frederica Academy. Please reach out at any time with questions or ideas with how we can help you and other FA parents!
Wednesday, February 10: Recycled Uniform Sale (7:45-9:00 am in Gym Lobby)
- We will be accepting checks, cash, or you can charge your family account. We will have a collection bin on site for any uniform items you would like to donate before shopping. Please remember you can donate your child's outgrown uniform pieces any time at the collection bin located outside of the Lower School entrance. We look forward to seeing you there!
Thursday, February 11: Lower School Valentine's Day Class Celebrations
- Lower School classes will be having small class Valentine's Day parties. The children exchange Valentines with their classmates. If you haven't heard from your teacher or grade rep or you have questions about what to expect, please reach out!
February 12-15: SCHOOL CLOSED for Winter Break!
Wednesday, February 17: February Parent Association Meeting at 8:15 am
- It's our turn for Ask Us Anything! What's on your mind? Please let us know what you would like to know more about at our next meeting. Questions, concerns, requests... this is your chance to ask! If we don't know, we'll try to find the answer. We will be meeting in Hamilton Hall. Livestream is available here.
Friday, February 19: Middle School Glow in the Dark Dance
- 6:00 - 8:00 pm (This is a no-date dance)
February 25 & 26: FA's first ever Ellen Fleming Foundation Visiting Artist
- Kevin Bongang will be in residence February 22-26. Parents have two opportunities to meet Kevin and learn more. Please sign up to join us here.
Wednesday February 25: Meet-the-Artist Reception for Parents at 5:00 pm
- The Parent Association will provide light refreshments for this very limited-attendance event. This event will be held in the Ralston Fine Arts Center (and live-streamed to the entire parent community) — Volunteers are needed to provide refreshments, set up, and clean up.
Friday, February 26: A Teachers’ Meet and Greet from 12:00 - 1:30 pm
- Volunteers needed to help set up and clean up in the Gym Lobby
The Spring play this year is Little Women. The Fine Arts Department is collecting donations for props for this play and future productions. Please review the LIST which details types of furniture, clothing, and small props they are requesting. This is a wonderful way to repurpose items you no longer need!