Affording Frederica: Financial Aid
At Frederica, we believe that every family should have the opportunity to apply to Frederica Academy for a strong independent school education. Because of this, Frederica makes available grants to families of qualified students who demonstrate academic promise and financial need, as funding is available.
Families requesting need-based assistance must complete the online application process provided through School and Student Services (SSS), a third-party independent resource. Financial aid awards are limited and awarded to families with demonstrated need on a first come, first serve basis. Currently enrolled FA families should complete the process by February 28 to be among the first considered for need-based awards. New families applying for admission should complete the during the admission application process. Families applying for financial assistance after April 1 will be considered on a rolling basis as funds allow. Financial aid awards for new students are made after a student has been accepted. Frederica Academy’s admission process is “need blind” and does not play a role in the decision-making process for admission.
An applicant’s need is assessed annually, so families must complete the financial aid application process each year to ensure that financial need is demonstrated, and applicants continue to qualify.
In addition to Frederica’s need-based financial aid program, the school offers bank financing through PrimeSouth Bank which allows tuition payments to be paid monthly over the course of the school year. Please contact Helen Rentz for additional information regarding our financing options.
Frederica Academy encourages any family who would benefit from our need-based financial assistance program to complete the financial aid process as described below.
- Complete the Parents Financial Statement (PFS) online at School and Student Services (SSS) via https://sssandtadsfa.my.site.com/familyportal. Instructions are included as you complete the process. Frederica Academy's school code is 1938. A $60 online processing fee is required.
- Please submit a digital copy of your family’s CURRENT Federal Tax form 1040 and all supporting schedules to SSS.
- If the student’s parents are divorced, both parents must submit financial documentation.
- A calculation of need is prepared by SSS and sent back to the school for review and consideration within the means of Frederica’s need-based financial aid budget.
- Financial aid is awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Late requests will be considered for assistance only if funds are available.