Become a volunteer:
The opportunities below are just a few of the ways in which you can help Frederica Academy:
• Attend the Frederica Academy Parents Council meetings
• Help the Admissions Office with outreach efforts in your neighborhood or by volunteering
on specific projects in the office
• Attend athletic events and volunteer in the concession stand and/or spirit store during home
games Assist with Annual Fund friend-building and marketing initiatives in partnership
with the Office of Advancement• Support teachers in their classrooms by volunteering your time and talents
• Make a special presentation to students in an area of interest to you
• Learn more about our Board of Trustees and how you can support the school’s governing body
Support the Annual Fund:
• Give to the best of your ability every year. There are several ways to support this key fund:
• Consider making a monthly gift: many people, including the majority of our faculty
members, give on a monthly basis - either by check or credit card.• Make a gift(s) by credit card by phoning or mailing in the information.
• Make a gift of appreciated stock.
Support the annual Derby Day Fundraiser and Auction:
• Donate an item(s) to be auctioned
• Become an Event Sponsor
• Secure Sponsorships from local businesses and friends
• Attend the Event
• Purchase an item(s) online in the Silent Auction prior to the event and/or at the Live
Give generously to Capital Initiatives:
• Capital and Endowment gifts help Frederica Academy achieve its strategic objectives.
Typically, capital gifts fund the school’s major renovations to existing structures and build
the new facilities needed to remain competitive.
• Every campus building represents the generosity of donors hoping to create a wonderful,
inviting campus atmosphere for the future generations of Frederica students.
• Capital pledges are typically paid over a three to five year time frame. This allows donors
to consider larger pledges than they could otherwise make.
• Gifts of property can also be used to make a capital gift. There are tax advantages to doing
so in some cases.
Consider making a bequest or other planned gift to Frederica Academy:• Planned gifts are the best single means of helping the school's endowment to grow.
• A bequest is the most common planned gift. It is usually simple and inexpensive to
• Some planned gifts provide income for the donor (and/or a loved one) during his/her life
and, later, a gift that will help the school.• Certain planned gifts provide significant tax advantages to the donor.
• The school has an experienced and discrete Director of Advancement who works with
prospective donors confidentially.
• The Director of Advancement answers questions prospective donors have and prepares
illustrations showing how various planned gifts might affect a donor's particular situation.