Become a volunteer:
The opportunities below are just a few of the ways in which you can help Frederica Academy:
- Attend the Frederica Academy Parents Council meetings.
- Help the Admissions Office with outreach efforts in your neighborhood or by volunteering to help with specific projects in the office.
- Attend athletic events and volunteer in the concession stand and/or spirit store during home games.
- Assist with Annual Fund friend-building and marketing initiatives in partnership with the Office of Advancement.
- Support teachers in their classrooms by volunteering your time and talents.
- Make a special presentation to students in an area of interest to you.
- Learn more about our Board of Trustees and how you can support the school’s governing body.
Support the Annual Fund:
Give to the best of your ability every year. There are several ways to support this key fund:
- Consider making a monthly gift: many people, including the majority of our faculty members, give on a monthly basis - either by check or credit card.
- Make a gift(s) by credit card by phoning or mailing in the information.
- Make a gift of appreciated stock.
Support the annual Derby Day Fundraiser and Auction:
- Donate an item(s) to be auctioned.
- Become an Event Sponsor.
- Secure Sponsorships from local businesses and friends.
- Attend the Derby Day Event.
- Purchase an item(s) online in the Silent Auction prior to the event and/or at the Live Auction.
Give generously to Capital Initiatives:
- Capital and Endowment gifts help Frederica Academy achieve its strategic objectives.
- Typically, capital gifts fund the school’s major renovations to existing structures and build the new facilities needed to remain competitive.
- Every campus building represents the generosity of donors hoping to create a wonderful, inviting campus atmosphere for the future generations of Frederica students.
- Capital pledges are typically paid over a three to five year time frame. This allows donors to consider larger pledges than they could otherwise make.
- Gifts of property can also be used to make a capital gift. There are tax advantages to doing so in some cases.
Consider making a bequest or other planned gift to Frederica Academy:
- Planned gifts are the best single means of helping the school's endowment to grow.
- A bequest is the most common planned gift. It is usually simple and inexpensive to arrange.
- Some planned gifts provide income for the donor (and/or a loved one) during his/her life and, later, a gift that will help the school.
- Certain planned gifts provide significant tax advantages to the donor.
- The school has an experienced and discreet Director of Advancement who works with prospective donors confidentially.
- The Director of Advancement answers questions prospective donors have and prepares illustrations showing how various planned gifts might affect a donor's particular situation.