||The Parent Council has purchased 100 books for the Frederica Academy Media Center!
Why were these books selected?
- They all have themes that enrich the spirit of the reader.
- They all have tests in the Accelerated Reader program (Level 1 – 10)
As a part of this project, the Parent Council also provided the funds for the Media Center to upgrade its participation in the AR program. Beginning this summer, students will be able to take AR tests on any of the more than 140,000 books in the program rather than on the AR books in our Media Center alone. The Parent Council invites the school community to assist their effort by making donations towards the placement of a book.
Donation$20 / book includes:
-New hardback book with library binding
-Processing for the Accelerated Reader program
-Gift Card to share with the person in whose honor you are making the
- Printing of a book plate to be placed in the book naming the honoree (“In Honor Of: or “In Memory Of”)
For a complete list of the book titles available for donation, please click here.
- Grandparents’ Day Lunch, Friday, May 5
- May Parent Council Meeting, May 8
- Email Deanie Strength, email@example.com with desired titles and send check to Catherine Holt in the front office
Way to Honor Someone Special:
- Students and parents can honor their teachers (Teacher Appreciation Week is
- Grandparents can honor their grandchildren
- Teachers can honor their room representatives or give recognition to honored
- Administrators can honor their staff, parent volunteers, mentors, etc.
- The possibilities are endless!